Hm ok. I'll poke Development about this on Monday.
About uninstalling and reinstalling minecraft, It will be easier to uninstall and reinstall if you're okay with losing your saved worlds / textures / resources. (any mods or textures you made on learntomod's website will still be safe on your learntomod account) That way, there will be fewer steps. If you have problems, you might ask an adult to do it for you. Let me try to simply it:
This shows how to uninstall:
Then when you're ready to reinstall here's what to do.
1) Make sure you've uninstalled minecraft first,
2) Go to minecraft.net and click the login button in the upper right corner. Enter the email that was used to buy minecraft a while ago. It's same email on your minecraft launcher. If you can't remember your password, enter anything. Then press 'forgot your password' which will send a new password to your minecraft email.
3) After you're logged in, press the Download button in the upper left corner of the screen on minecraft.net. If you have windows or windows 10, press the Download For Windows button. That will install an app in your downloads folder on your computer.
4) Find the app then right-click it and select install. Okay everything until it's done.
5) that will create the minecraft launcher and put it on your home screen, probably. Just click the launcher as you usually would and login, using your usual minecraft login email and password. Don't forget to create a new 1.9.2 profile.